My First Tea Party

Can’t beat this retirement!  Randy spends a lot time either working in the restaurant or thinking about working in the restaurant.  Which, of course, is his idea of fun - it’s not easy, but he is wonderful at it.  His first dinner was a success and now he’s planing an amazing Thanksgiving dinner for even more people.  
My idea of fun is sleeping late, visiting with neighbors, sitting in the hot tub, cooling off in the pool, learning new card games and occasionally getting into the workout room.  Fortunately that pretty much sums up my day!  And it’s WARM here - actually it’s downright hot!  Sometimes I can’t believe how much I love this.  

Now I’ve started hosting a Tea Party on Thursday.  Fortunately for the guests, Randy’s kitchen provided the treats today; a perfectly English menu of tiny scones with raspberry jam, a light sponge cake, and, of course, cucumber sandwiches.  It was a lovely tea, and I am looking forward to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment