December 20, 2011

Florida is more than I expected.  For starters, I didn't expect to have cows as our neighbors.  But we do - there is a small herd next door.  The cows are not de-horned and could do some damage.  But of course, I don't go into their fields.  I stay on my side of the fence and feed them celery tops, and we get along fine.  This guy is the young bull.  He does't have horns yet, but he's already almost as big as the cows.  
There are a ton of palm trees here and lots of fields, but there are also big stretches of land near the roadway that are not cultivated, and they have a lovely, primeval look to them.  I don't know what kind of tree this is, but I love the way they look.   
For anybody who knows our dog Sugarbaby, this will come as a surprise - he's made a doggy friend!  A couple in the park asked me to keep their little Yorkie/Poodle mix while they were gone for the day.  Because she's just a few months old, they asked if I would keep her in our RV, so she wouldn't be alone all day.  Of course Julienne and Sugarbaby both were unhappy about that, but I took each one on long walks with her, and eventually they got used to her. By the end of the day Sugarbaby decided he liked her. . . a lot.  He followed her everywhere, sniffing her and bumping up against her.  She got a little tired of it but she was very patient with him. A couple of days later they met again in the Park, and he not only remembered her, he still liked her!
And for the reason we are in Florida . . . things like Jupiter Beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment