March 13, 2012

This weekend we attended another performance of the Wizard of Oz at the Riverside Children’s Theater because there are two casts and we wanted to see them both.  It’s a long and complex play for children to perform, and they all did such a wonderful job!   And I learned a piece of Oz movie trivia: originally a “Jitterbug” song and dance was filmed.  The bugs made Dorothy and her friends dance until they were exhausted, leaving them easy prey for the flying monkeys.  Then the whole bug scene was deleted, but a reference to it was accidentally left - when the witch sends the monkeys to capture the group, she says that she has sent “a little insect to take the fight out of them”.  Travel is so educational!  Trivia aside, I am so proud of Teresa and the whole Children’s Theater.  This particular Theater has a rule that everyone who tries out will be in the play, so nobody feels left out.  It’s a great experience for the kids.   
The Southern California weather just gets better and better - it’s often in the mid-80s during the day now.  We got the gear shifter on my bike fixed (replaced, actually - it wouldn’t shift gears at all) and the next day we biked to the nearby Gardenwalk shopping center.  We didn’t find what we were looking for there, so we biked to Downtown Disney and went to the Rainforest Cafe for lunch.  It’s fun to bike around the Disney complex and I’m looking forward to more bike rides.
The same day we drove to Newport Beach.  It’s a really nice area; it’s not like every car there is a Mercedes - there were a few Jaguars and Maseratis mixed in, too.  We were there to go shoe shopping, but we also checked out the local RV park.  It’s got a good view of the bay but the sites aren’t quite as big as the ones in the Anaheim park.
One thing I need to work on is my blog.  The local internet service almost never lets me upload pictures.  We could restart the hot-spot on our phone, but before we do that I see if there is another way to make this work.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jackie- I know I rarely comment, but just wanted you to know that I'm enjoying your blog - I feel like I'm along for the ride! Keep it up! MB

    ReplyDelete