I hate Spiders, no matter how pretty they are.

Here’s something I found recently on a bike ride around the Island; it’s a banana spider, and I hate it.
It's actually called a Golden Silk Orb-Weaver; I just call it a big freaking spider.  It's over 2 inches long, which is much bigger than any spider should ever be.
I guess it really does spin gold-colored silk, and if you could stand to gather a million spiders and you had a spider-silking machine (which actually draws the silk out of the spider, and how creepy is that), you could make an incredibly beautiful silk cloth.  But I could never, ever wear it - I would lose my mind from feeling phantom spiders crawling all over me.

However, no matter how freaky spiders are, this video about making the silk cloth is amazing to watch.

Three years ago:  Fascinating Mount St. Helens
Four years ago:  Biking around Silver City

No comments:

Post a Comment