I could live on this bread

This morning it was warm and sunny, like it is every morning in Southern California. So after a quick breakfast of Randy's homemade cinnamon rolls topped with maple frosting, we packed the bikes on the back of the car and drove 2 miles to the start of a bike trail. The bike trail goes about 8.4 miles to the beach in Oceanside. I didn't make it that far today, but this was my first day. I made it to the 3 mile mark, with Randy keeping pace with me. That's hard for him because he can go a lot faster than me. At the 3 mile mark he took off for some speed biking while I rested, then we biked back together. Then Randy went back into the kitchen to bake more sourdough bread.

He had planned to make stuffed peppers for dinner, but I begged for a dinner of this fresh bread. I drove to the store for some shaved ham and Havarti cheese and had wonderful sandwiches for dinner. And for dessert - another one of those delicious cinnamon rolls!

No comments:

Post a Comment