Bilbao fair

One evening we joined Rita and Tony to visit a fair, just outside of Bilbao. There were some rides and a wine booth that we checked out, but we thought it might be a good idea to skip those. 
I always like to try fair food, and this one had hot dog and hamburger stands. But the hamburgers didn't look or smell like beef, so I passed on those. I did get a hot dog, and immediately regretted that decision - it was the worst excuse for a hot dog I've ever tasted. It was greasy and nasty, and after one bite, I threw the rest away. 

On our way out of the fair we passed a booth with some local bull-fighting posters pinned up. As we walked by I was wishing I had one of those; suddenly I decide to go back and ask the guy if I could have one. He didn't speak much English but he understood enough to know what I was asking, and he generously gave me one. It became one of my favorite things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment