October 24, 2011

Today our friends from this area drove us to the gorgeous Cades Cove Park in the Appalachian Mountains.  The leaves are turning color now and it’s so beautiful.  There are usually lots of bear and deer in the park, but today, of course, they were all hiding.  Never mind - the view was worth the trip!  For my birthday Randy got me a new toy - a Nikon D3100.  This is the best camera I’ve ever had and I LOVE it!!  And Cades Cove Park was a great place to practice with it.  The camera has a lot of functions that I’m not comfortable with yet, but I will get there.  




After spending several wonderful hours seeing the park, we came back to Clinton and had dinner at the Golden Girl Cafe.  Then, because our friends felt bad that we didn’t see wildlife in the park, they drove us out to a nearby dam where there are usually deer.  It was after dark but there sure were lots of deer, just off the side of the road.  We had to watch carefully to make sure they weren’t crossing the road at the same time we were using it!

No comments:

Post a Comment