Halloween for dogs and zombies

Our Mac is fixed!  I really missed it; now I can get back to my blog, which has become an important part of my travel experience.

At the Resort we have a new Activity Director who has a lot of fun ideas.  For Halloween she organized a Dog Parade.  She wisely decided to not ask the dogs to all walk together; some (including ours) would not put up with that!  Instead she arranged for people at several stops around the Resort to hand out doggie treats, and everyone took their dogs along the route.

Julienne's costume was a warm hoodie with a Halloween pattern.  We figured that since she gets cold so often, she will probably get some additional use out of it.
Shorty's costume was appropriate to his personality, too;  he got to be an Acme Rocket, complete with a lit fuse.
And they figured out the process very quickly:  find someone who is sitting outside their RV, go up to them, and ask for treats!
Later, after the "kids" were full of treats and ready for bed, the grownups got together for their own party.  I brought out an old stand-by and dressed as a Bag Lady.  Randy, on the other hand, became a zombie.  We worked hard to get his wounds looking just right; I probably could have given him real wounds, but there was a limit to what he was willing to put up with.  As it was, he came out looking very zombie-like.
One lady at the party told me that she used to treat severe injuries, and Randy's burned arms were very realistic.  I agreed; every time I looked at him, all I could say was "you look very disturbing".

 And what kind of goodies do zombies bring to parties to share?  Fingers, of course!

Four years ago:  Cute little owls in Arizona

No comments:

Post a Comment