Washington in the winter

I don't often visit Mom in winter but sometimes it works out. This February I got a chance at some cheap airfare, so off I went! We did our usual routine: Walmart, Goodwill, Ecetera, Book Store. The only thing missing was the yard sales - we'll have to wait until spring for those. 

The menus are pretty standard by now. Mom and I don't have the same tastes so we've found a few things we both like and stick with those. But when Ruth joins us for dinner, we usually have something besides lunchmeat or tv-dinner beef tips. This time she and Kathy stopped at Logans' and got dinner for us. The table was covered with styrofoam containers full of good stuff.
Outside it's snowing. I really don't like snow anymore but I have to admit, it looks pretty coming down. 
Mom and I wait until the snow stops before going shopping. I get a kick out of her winter outfit - she looks just like Maxine from the greeting cards!
Later the snow was replaced by fog - very pretty. 
But I prefer the palm trees in sunny Florida, when I got home!


No comments:

Post a Comment