First Dive!

Up around 7:30 am and had breakfast at Hardees.  On to the Divers Den dive shop, all four of us riding in our van. Went out on "My Ship" with 4 dive masters and about 20 divers, of all levels. Stopped at the 3rd site, knows as "Bridge #14", where a rope goes down to the bottom. I had trouble jumping in; I stepped out of a fin while on the deck, so the Dive Master had to put it back on for me. We all dove down around 76 feet. Randy had a bit of trouble with his ear once but I was OK. We saw some large schools of fish, including some skate. Toni's mask came off once but she quickly recovered it. As I returned to the boat I saw a barracuda a few feet below the surface, just hanging motionless on the other side of the boat from us and watching us. Very beautiful. We did a short depression, got back on the boat and lunched on brownies. 

The Stage 2 dive was 70 feet. My ears bothered me a little.  Saw 2 sand sharks and several big Queen Angelfish, which are so gorgeous - they are blue with golden trim; ie gold fins and face. There was also a huge school of minnows in the area. When they moved around the rope, the school changed from a solid mass to a doughnut-shaped mass, with the rope going up through the hole. It was like looking up the center of a tornado.  

Jeff and Toni lost track of the rope and couldn't find their way back for awhile, but they soon made their way back to the boat. We got to the hotel after 5pm and went to dinner at Montego Bay for shrimp pockets and fries.  Went to the Christmas Store and bought a couple of ornaments, then to Alvin's Island souvenir shop where Randy bought some swim trunks.

No comments:

Post a Comment