On the way to Cuba!

How fun - we are on our way to Cuba! Thursday I picked Aaron up at the airport at 7.  Randy wasn't available because he was at our Life Group meeting - since he's the leader, it seemed like a good idea for him to be there. Aaron and I were on our own for dinner so we stopped at McDonald's (that was more my idea than Aaron's but he good naturally went along with the idea).

Friday Randy and Aaron worked at the dive shop in the morning while I worked on the last of the tape joints in the weird room. We had a late lunch at Villa Pinar Cuban cafeteria, which was pretty good, but we are looking forward to the real thing!

Gary and Erin picked us up and drove us to the cruise ship port. We had a parking reservation about 3 miles away from the dock, and the place provided a quick bus trip over there. Once aboard we split into two rooms - Gary and Erin had one cabin, while Aaron, Randy and I shared another. I got one of the best laughs of my life when I saw where Aaron would be sleeping; a cot attached to the wall, hanging about 5 feet off the floor and partially over the regular bed, adn quite near the ceiling. The only way up was a nearby ladder which could be hooked over the cot's edge. I felt a bit bad for laughing but the idea of Aaron, who is quit tall, climbing up and down there and crawling up into the bed (since he couldn't possible stand or even sit up) every time he wanted to sleep was hysterical! Even Aaron laughed a lot over it. 

I finally quit laughing, we all settled in and headed up onto the deck, where we watched the sun set behind the shoreline. We are on our way to Cuba!

No comments:

Post a Comment