1/08/89 St. Louis to Brussels

1/08/89 Sunday - I left St. Louis on a 1:30 flight. Lunch on the plane was OK – roast beef & macaroni salad cold plate. I arrived at New York at 5:45 pm (4:45 + 1 hour time zone difference). My flight should have left at 6:30 but the planes were stacked up, so it left at 8 pm. I ordered the lasagna for dinner on the plane - not bad. And Danish for breakfast - it was a very long flight. 

I arrived at Brussels at 9:00 am on Monday, allowing for a plus-6-hour time zone difference. I got through customs easily - no luggage check, I just showed my passport - and picked up my luggage. Jacque Noel was there to pick me up and drive me to Metallo Chemique in Beerse. From there Allen Tamura drove me to the villa, where I met Jenny, his fiancĂ©e. I also had a few minutes to call Mom and tell her about the villa I was sharing with other employees. It was large and clean, with heating in the floors, and the toilets had a pull-up knob on the top of the tank; I'd never seen a toilet work like that before. There was not much in the villa in the way of groceries and there were no clothes hangers in the closet, but I didn't care; I took a shower and slept until 4:45, when I got up to have a dinner of grilled cheese and salami with chips and coke. I had brought a book from home, so I read from 8:30 until midnight, when I finally was able to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment