1/12/89 Thursday - Metallo Chemique

1/12/89 Thursday - Got up at 7:30 up and just had orange juice for breakfast today. I made it to work around 8:30 so I could go through some of my notes before the day started. I worked with Stef most of the morning. For lunch Stef brought in small French breads sliced open and filled with spreads, plus peach wine. I typed a couple of memos for Mario in the afternoon and kept working on other things. At 5 I met with Mario to go over our objectives. Mike and I went to the Crest Hotel at 7:30 to met Chris Walters (Wootens?), the head of the warehouse, and Chrystal, the head Buyer. From there we all went out for dinner in Amsterdam: fried cheese, steak and fries, red wine. We had sherry as an aperitif, but I don’t care for sherry; I did enjoy the hot tea later. After dinner Chris dropped Mike off at hotel, then drove me back to the villa. He drove around 120 to 140 kph, so I got home around 1 am, when I called Randy to talk awhile before going to bed. Miss him a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment