January 29, 2013 On the Beach

Today we went shelling again.  A few months ago I ended up giving away a lot of the shells that I picked up here last time, but I cannot resist - if there is a beach, I must shell!  We joined Lonnie and Chris on the beach, where the waves were rolling in fast and high.  The wind kept blowing, but sun showed through occasionally and we had a lovely time.  And we have some pretty new shells to clean.
There is a type of seaweed that washes up on the beach here.   Most of the fronds are torn off by the time it lands on the beach, leaving just the base, which looks like a huge dead spider, or one of those hidious facehuggers from Alien.
And they are EVERYWHERE!
I know I have arachnophobia when things that just look like spiders freak me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment