World's Largest Yard Sale and Hilton Head Island Bicycle Paths

Today the weather was perfect!  Much too nice to stay inside, so we started the day by going to what was advertised as the "World's Largest Yard Sale".  I am not sure it really qualifies for that title, but it was pretty big.  It opened at 9 am and by the time we got there at 9:15, it looked like half the Island's population was there.
Being Full-Time RVers, we don't have much room for new stuff.  The classic RV rule is "everytime something comes in, something needs to go out".  But I wasn't shopping for me, I was shopping for the Resort.  I have started hosting Tea Parties and I need a lot of cute stuff for that.  I also need a teapot, but nobody on the Island seems to have one.  

After the yard sale we still wanted to soak up more of the sunshine so we went for a bike ride.  It's about one mile to the beach, which seemed entirely within my ability, even though I haven't been on a bike much lately.  And once we made it to the beach we just kept going.  The sand is packed firm enough to ride on.  The amazing thing about this photo is that I am actually in front of Randy. . . but I sped up specifically to get this, then dropped behind again.
Eventually we turned off the beach and on to one of the many bike paths.  One of the cool things about Hilton Head Island is that they takes their trees very, very seriously here.  When the bike path conflicts with a tree, the tree wins and the path goes around.
When the road conflicts with the tree, the tree wins and the road goes around - sometimes all around.
When we got back to the Resort I went looking for our alligator.  Since it's a sunny day, he wasn't too hard to find.  He's not a big gator, but I learned that any gator looks pretty serious when he's headed towards you.



No comments:

Post a Comment