Art, Seafood, a Pirate Manatee and Chocolate Cake

Today we headed towards Savannah, but got sidetracked at the Buffton Art and Seafood Fair.  Yep, they combine Art and Seafood here.  I ordered "Crabby Benedict", which is Egg Benedict with crab cakes.
A lot of local artists were there with unique items.  We had plenty of opportunities to use our usual chant:  "If we still had the house, we'd get that!"  There were several gorgeous paintings, but we just don't have enough wall space.  A Gullah man was selling lovely hand-made baskets; very well made, but I still have trouble paying $170 for a basket.
So we left the Art Fair and went shoe-shopping.  Later, back at the Resort, we took the dogs for a walk, stopping to talk to friends along the way.  People here are getting ready for Halloween; my favorite decoration is the beautiful Manatee sculpture, all dressed up like a Pirate.
At home Randy served me a great dinner, as usual.  He also baked a yellow cake with chocolate frosting, exactly what I asked for.  Before we cut into it, our fellow Workcampers came over to visit.  Our dogs started barking so we stood outside a few minutes, talking.  They brought presents, including ice cream, and Randy went inside to get the cake.  He came out holding the cake platter and said "Jackie, please tell me you already had some cake".  I hadn't, but someone else had!  
And little Julienne said "No, no, I didn't have any chocolate cake.  It was that trouble-maker Shorty, and he smeared chocolate on my chin!"


No comments:

Post a Comment