No bicycling for Jackie for awhile - Oct 29, 2013

Well, my hand is slowly improving.  I can bend my ring finger quite a ways.  My middle finger doesn't like to bend at all but it can, so my job is to bend it a little throughout the day so it doesn't freeze up.  I won't be biking for awhile, though; not only am I reluctant to get back on the thing, but I can't apply the back break with my right hand.  The only break I can apply with my left hand is the front wheel, and I am not anxious to pitch head-first over the handle bars.  I don't use the front brake often, so it is not a big stretch of the imagination to visualize me screwing it up.  So no biking yet.

That's a shame, too, because this is a great place to bike.  There are about 60 miles of bike paths, and since this is Hilton Head, most of them are scenic.  Back in Illinois I always admired Pampas grass; here it grows wild, and big.

No comments:

Post a Comment