Poison Ivy for me, and great food at the Snack Shack - October 19, 2012

I haven't been interested in doing anything lately because I have been fighting a case of poison ivy for two weeks.  It started with blisters under my right eyebrow that appeared shortly after I weeded our RV site.  That lasted for a week and then, right when the blisters dried up, my eyelids swelled up.  I was sure it was going to get better soon, until my cheeks started to get red and itchy.  I finally admitted defeat yesterday and went to the local Doctor's Urgent Care Clinic for a prescription of Hydrocortisone cream.  Things are better now, although I still have a ways to go.  But I am soooo much better than I was.  Our Activity Coordinator Brenda offered to work for me in the Snack Shack today and I was very happy to take her up on the offer.

Randy runs a different special every weekend at the Snack Shack.  One weekend it was his South Carolina Burger - one of his great burgers, topped with his great pulled pork, topped with his special cole slaw.  The guests hadn't seen anything like this before and they loved it!
Last weekend the special was his own recipe for Chicken Salad, which he served as a sandwich, a wrap,
or a plate.
He usually makes the same special for both Friday and Saturday.  This weekend he made 6 pounds of meatloaf for the special and we sold out before Friday was over!  He has had several requests for his Chicken Salad again, so he's serving that today. 

One year ago: Sugarbaby . . .
Two years ago: St. Louis Tour Guides
Four years ago: enjoying Arizona

No comments:

Post a Comment