Saying 'no' to a doughnut

We are planning our next adventure, which will be visiting the beautiful canyons of Utah and Yellowstone. I expect there will be a fair amount of hiking involved, which I am not used to. So I have resolved to walk around the Museum grounds daily, in the hopes that I won't collapse on some canyon floor. It makes sense to do a little weight-loss therapy at the same time, like eating healthier. 

This morning my walk took me to the area where the Gem and Mineral Show is set up, where I found several of our guys manning a food booth. And they had doughnuts. Because Randy was volunteering, I could probably have one doughnut for free. And they had the doughnuts that I (really) like - not the full-bodied cake-style, but lighter yeast doughnuts. And covered with chocolate...not the pale, anemic chocolate you find on grocery store doughnuts, but a rich, dark chocolate. And it was early in the morning so they were very fresh...And probably free. It was surprisingly hard to do, but I decided to say 'no' to the doughnut, just to see what it feels like. 

So far, it feels like I missed out on a great doughnut.

No comments:

Post a Comment