Disney in the rain

Our Disney tickets aren't valid during Spring Break so we haven't been to Disney for a couple of weeks. When Tuesday rolled around we were determined to go to Disney, even though it was raining. We just packed a couple of rain ponchos and went. And boy, did it rain - in Epcot the water backed up to flood the street, at least a foot deep!
But we didn't particularly care, it was just fun to be back at Disney. We started in Epcot with a Fast Pass on Soarin', then took the 20 minute walk over to Hollywood Studios park where, due to the low crowds, we were able to get on the Tower of Terror. They take your photo on this ride and my photo always shows me screaming with my eyes closed and head down! This time Randy suggested I at least not hide my face on his shirt. I tried, but I was still screaming.

Then, because someone had cancelled, we were able to get a Fast Pass to Toy Story Mania. This is one of my favorite things to do but it's almost impossible to get a Fast Pass and the wait is usually well over an hour. Today the rain was my friend! This time I scored over 140,000. Randy scored over 99,000, but who's counting?

We had reservations at the Sci-Fi Theator Restaurant. The tables shaped like a car with 3 "backseats" so each one sits 6 but only 2 in each row so it's cozy. In keeping with the theme it's quite dark in the restaurant, with just small "dashboard" lights, so we, like everyone else, used our phone lights to read the menu. We ordered a Reuben Sandwich with onion rings and a Turkey sandwich with fries. The food was pretty good, but nothing we must have again (Disney food has changed through the years, and not for the better). We were under the impression that they were screening a film but instead they showed a series of grade D (or lower) sci-fi films and old "Lets go out to the Lobby" advertisements. Actually, I think it was better than a film because a film has some dull parts, but I enjoyed all of the clips. I noticed that many of the films were based on the premise that other planets were populated by sex-hungry women, needing to repopulate their planet with help from Earthlings. Guess who wrote those? Sex-hungy guys! 
It was fun seeing those old clips - I remember many of those films from when I was a kid. I wan't supposed to watch scary movies but I managed to see some, and at that age - the early years of grade school - I didn't know how bad they were!

No comments:

Post a Comment