Lines of people in unusual places

The price of gas is going down so I went out to fill the tank. Since we have a Sam's card, I decided to get gas there.  Good choice, the price was lower than I've seen in years. 
And there was no line at the pumps, which was great!  I decided since I was already at Sam's, I'd get a few groceries so I wouldn't have to go out again for week or so. And there at the store door was the line that I'd missed at the gas pumps!
It was a long line, almost to the end of the building. Everyone was staying about 6 feet apart (except for couples together). I couldn't understand why there was a line so I asked the employee who was guarding the door (thinking maybe the store had switched to later hours and wasn't open yet). She said the store was open but they were limiting the number of people inside. When someone came out, someone else could go in. And it was easy to see from the carts coming out what was being bought - toilet paper, paper towels, and water! I didn't want to drive out again later so I waited it out. Inside they were limiting people to 2 packages of toilet paper and 2 packages of water. Sounds reasonable to me because Sam's packages have 45 rolls of toilet paper in them; if you need more than 90 rolls of TP, you have serious problems!


No comments:

Post a Comment