08/26/09 Retirement Party!

I go a huge retirement party from 4 - 6 in one of the big conference rooms.  Beside the wonderful folks at Enterprise, John Mills (who had left the company earlier), Aaron and Dezina Synder also came. Randy drove to Pekin on Tuesday and brought my mom back on Wednesday for the party. 

Carla gave a short speech, then my manager Becca gave a speech about some of my projects. Gifts included 2 large chocolate bars, 2 boxes of Dad’s original oatmeal cookies, and a 4 lb bag of sugar (a reference to my only cuss word: "Oh, sugar!"). 

The team got me a signed retirement photo mat and frame, and Becca and Carla gave me a Tiffany engraved plate. 

The cake was chocolate with peach icing and lots of peach roses.

So glad I got to share this with Randy and Mom!
Most of my team: Jason Luo, Ranga, Sophia Butman, Kumar Ganesan, Jim Lauman, Zhengyan, Betsy Bernard, and Lisa Eggemeyer.
Some of the guys: Pramod Gokhale, Brian Whitman, Tom Davison, Mike Pallia, Matt Walters, Chuck Pingry.
Sharon Younge, Sheri Macejak, and John Mills
Marco Henderson and Vanissa Kirk
Celeste Hunt and Sharon Duke, admin assistants extrodinare.
Carla Lambretch, in charge of us all!
Todd Werner and my dear friend Dezina Snyder
Karen Metzker, Toi'an Harris, Mike Nolan, and John Mills
My wonderful manager, Rebecca Holmes
Tian Lui, another project manager.
Dear Zhegyan, who is really going to miss me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment