1/10 Tuesday - Start working at Metallo Chemique

1/10/89 Tuesday - I was up at 6:30, which was early for me, and had cheese and chips and soda for breakfast. I was at Metallo at 8:00, and discovered that Stef and Mike were not in yet. They got to work at 9 and we went over procedures with parameters. I have just 4 days before I go to Spain to work on the computer system in the company's refining plant in Ercosa, so I have a lot to learn. 

Jeff Barr loves to cook and he made lunch for us today - fried trout, fries, served with red wine. Then back to work – we went over the links with Computron. We got off work at 5, and I borrowed Mike Kelly's car to follow Stef to the GB grocery store. You have to pay 20 francs there to get a grocery cart. I spent $50 on groceries, feeling that it should have been $40 – things are a little more expensive here. I just guessed what to buy at the deli, deciding to try Frikadellenkoek. I went back to the villa, where Lou Mirage offerted to take Mike and me out dinner to an Italian restaurant in Torenhof, where I had very good lasagna made with lots of thin noodles, plus Chianti wine and ice cream with chocolate served in a huge wine glass. Back to the villa by 10 and in bed by 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment