2022 06 11 Saturday

We were up by 7:30. Randy upgraded our seats, and we will leave on Monday!! Once again breakfast was lukewarm coffee, warmed milk, fruit juice box, and a Cornetto sweetened roll. That roll is still no good so I started tearing apart the hard rolls we got for other meals and eating the insides. 

Midmorning I finished the last of the potato chips that Glenda gave us before she left. I've been glad to have them because the last couple of days I've only been eating about half of a roll for each meal. There is more food but I find it totally unappetizing to the point I cannot eat it even though I'm hungry.

Well, we finally got a TV and there is nothing on it in English except CNN. I know because I ran through 100 channels looking for something. Friday I found a couple of old reruns in English but they are not on during the weekend.  The majority of channels have nothing at all, a few have sound with no picture, and fewer still have picture and sound in either Italian or German.

At least the people who come to take our temperature on this floor are not dressed in contamination suits. They are in paper gowns and masks. 
Today Randy used half of our little bottles of bubble bath and took a long soaking bath accompanied by a cold bottle of water, a few chocolates, and a book. An hour later I used the remaining bath bottles and did the same thing. Besides feeling nice, it was a way to kill some time.

There so little air movement in these rooms that the underwear I washed out the first night we were here didn't dry overnight, didn't dry the next day, didn't dry last next night, and finally dried enough today that I could pack them.

Lunch was late at 2:00 but I was happy to get it. The baked chicken thigh with small potatoes was cool and the bowtie pasta was in tasteless tomato sauce but I ate most of it anyway.
It seemed like a long time until dinner which was the next event of the day. And when it got here it wasn't good. It was a couple of pork slices way too well done on a lot of nasty spinach; the rice salad was only slightly edible. 
Randy went to the front desk and got information about how to get a cab and the actual address of this place. They told him again it's illegal for us to leave. We called Giuseppe and asked him to arrange the taxi for us on Monday morning since we don't speak Italian and we want to make sure this is right!

No comments:

Post a Comment