Ocho Rios

Well, this is depressing - my phone is broke. That means no photos and no daily notes. I keep a blog because I find it difficult to remember details unless it's written down, and I dearly love photos, so this is a going to be a real challenge.

Today we arrived at Ocho Rios, Jamaica. The only place we were going was Dunn River Falls; the rest of Jamaica seemed to be off limit.

As we walked to get tickets we met a nice young couple who were on their honeymoon. Later as we headed down to the starting point of the falls, Randy mentioned that they had come ashore with just a few dollars; that might make it difficult for them to get a locker or drinks. So I ran back to our locker, got a bit of cash and gave it to them. I had told the rest of my group to go ahead and I would catch up. But (and I know this) I'm no good at catching up. I didn't find them at the beach or at the falls so when the honeymoon couple caught up, we three joined one of the large groups and headed up the falls together. 

The falls were running pretty hard and it was difficult to navigate some areas. I'd been there before so I knew that there isn't a prize for climbing all the way up; you just do it as long as it's fun. And shortly after that it stopped being fun for me. The water was cold and fast and I decided I didn't need to climb it. So I got out and walked up the wooden sidewalk until I found a place that overlooked the falls. There I saw the rest of my group, making great headway and nearly at the top! I got back into the falls to join Randy - here it was cold, fast, and slipperyEveryone else completed the climb perfectly and had a good time doing it. 

When everyone finished we headed back to the ship. Along the way I ask Glenda to take a photo of me beside this gorgeous tree, covered with vines - so amazing.

We relaxed on the ship, although without my photos and notes I won't recall what we did. I am sure it involved eating and Trivia contests. 

Then we got ready for formal night. We love the casual relaxation of shorts and t-shirts, but once in awhile it's nice to get dressed up. And we look good!


No comments:

Post a Comment