Monday, 10/19/2009

I decided to take a day off from my usual routine. Did a (very) minimum amount of cleaning, got in the Jeep, and headed for the bright lights and big city sounds of Casa Grande (population 41,200). I stopped at the first Great Clips I found and got my hair cut. I wear my hair short and in the 8 weeks since my last cut, it’s gotten pretty shaggy-looking. A fresh haircut always cheers me up! Afterwards, since I had this great haircut and a positive attitude, I went job-hunting. There are only so many hours I am prepared to spend inside the RV, and it’s still awfully hot outside the RV. A part-time job might be just what I’m looking for, if it’s something I enjoy. I decided to only apply at a few places that I really like – no details to be shared until I hear back.

The stars are filling the sky again tonight. I'll probably get a chart so I can identify constalations, but I also know that it's not necessary to categorize this beauty - it can be enough just to take the time to notice it, and appreciate it. Tonight the moon is so beautiful - it's just the barest sliver possible to show at all; it looks like a celestial eyelash caught on the distant mountaintop. Back in the city I would never have seen it.

No comments:

Post a Comment