6/24/89 Biarritz, France

Another weekend, another trip! This time Rita drove me, Randy and Mike K. on a 90 mile trip, crossing the border into France. Just a little across the border, to the seaside town of Biarritz. The part we drove through was very pretty and well-maintained. 
We didn't stop in town, but I think maybe we should have stopped to see the Sainte Eugenie Cathedral
It was clean everywhere. And here was the first (and possibly only) place I saw a bathroom for dogs. I's called a caninet - a street corner dog toilet. Not sure how they got the first dog to use it, but after that there should be no problem!
Biarritz, like all of the French and Spanish seaside towns we visited, sits on the Bay of Biscay, which empties into the Atlantic Ocean. And they make the most of their location.
It's a lovely place to relax with someone you love. Fortunately, I brought my "someone" with me! By now he was blonder than I was, thanks to all that time in the sun.
It was clean and beautiful, without being overrun with tourist stuff. Like most beaches in France, this one was top-optional. Randy and I were used to this, but Mike embarrassed us.
So I didn't take pictures of the beach; instead I took pictures of the surrounding area. 
We stayed long enough to have dinner in one of the nearby restaurants. I ordered crab, which came another tiny little crab as a garnish. Cute and good!





No comments:

Post a Comment