Greenwich Observatory and Cutty Sark

One Monday I had to be in London for a meeting, so Randy came along to go sightseeing. While I was slaving over a hot desk, he went to see the Royal Observatory in Greenwich. This is an interesting building that looks totally different from different sides. At one end, the round dome opens up to give the big telescope a view of the sky.
At the other end of the building, a red Time Ball is positioned on top of the Octagon Room. Every day it drops at exactly 1 pm.
Next he went to the Cutty Sark exhibit. This 1869 British Clipper is now a museum ship near Greenwich. 
The Maritime Museum is here, too.
He rounded out the day with some fish and chips, before catching up with me. I like my job, but he definitely had the better day!

No comments:

Post a Comment