Getting ready to leave Hilton Head Island

We have started the countdown to getting on the road again. Randy has been fixing every little thing in the coach while I am training my replacement at the office. And last night Brenda, Norma and I got together one last time, this time at the hot tub. Tonight we went to dinner with the new Workampers, Craig and Karen, at Captain Woody's (I had to have May River oysters one more time!), followed by a trip to Sweet Frog. These are all good people here and I will miss them a lot.   

I am ready to leave the Island, though. Not because there is anything wrong here, it's just that we are gypsies now, and after a few months in one place we start to wonder what other places we could be discovering.

It's so beautiful here, though, and the harbors are fascinating. The Pametto Bay Marina is near the Sunrise Cafe, where we occasionally have breakfast. It's interesting to see the big cranes that are used to haul big boats up and move them around.
Nearby is the Harbour Town Lighthouse, which I recently found out is, among other things, the backdrop for 18th hole at the Harbour Town Golf Links. But it's more famous in its own right, as a beautiful landmark.

Four years ago: Wild Animal Park

No comments:

Post a Comment