Roses and coyotes

This week has has been in the high 50s when I get up, around 7:30. That's quite cool - maybe I need to get up later?

At this rate the roses will slow down. And I will miss them so much!
Today as I was walking around the grounds, I saw a coyote. I've heard they live around here, but it's the first time I've seen one. He (?) was bigger than I expected, and had a fine bushy tail. I didn't have my camera but it wouldn't have made any difference if I did; he glanced my way and trotted quickly out of sight, down the trail beside the big dumpster. I tried to follow, but of course he was gone. What I don't understand is where in the world he went. There is a shallow gully beside the dumpster but I would swear it was in plain sight the whole time, and nothing but open field beyond the dumpster. Clever coyote.

No comments:

Post a Comment