First day off!

Wow, I forgot what "work" feels like! We are taking care of the grounds here at the lovely KOA. Florida greenery grows around every site, so there is a lot of work to do. We are not the only ones working here, of course, but there is enough for everyone. Randy does mowing and site prep, while I am triming and cleaning out winter's fallen leaves. These aren't little maple leaves, these are big, heavy palm fronds, many of them taller than me. I sort of love this kind of work, but I am so very sore! Hopefully I'll get used to it. 

Today was a day off, so we went out to see what's around here. For us, that means finding grocery stores. We stopped at a Sam's Club, Costco, Walmart, Publix, Sedona's, and a Farmer's Market, where we finally got a couple of Strawberry Onions. Their name doesn't refer to their color (which is usually white) or their taste; they are grown at the edge of the big strawberry fields. And they are really big.

No comments:

Post a Comment