Getting the roses ready for the Antique Engine and Tractor Show

I have been trying hard to get the roses back in shape for the fall Show. While I was in Pahrump, they were a bit neglected and the weather was too hot for them to flourish with neglect. Plus I didn't do a good job of cutting them back. Recently Gil created a lot of red mulch from pine bark, and he let me use it all. Since I didn't want the mulch to be washed away when I watered the plants, I scrounged for rocks to create plant beds. Most came from Ashley's yard - I've pretty well cleaned her yard out. And she had some bricks she didn't want, so I used those too. Now, with lots of watering, trimming and dead-heading, the roses are coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment